Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Shock your man, just in time for Valentine's Day...and let me know what happens!

Does your man deserve the shock treatment? Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't...do it anyway.

Author Nancy C. Anderson shares three ways she makes her husband feel like a V.I.P.

Respect him verbally, intellectually and physically.

VERBALLY
Cut out complaining and add compliments. "Compliments are like magnets," writes Anderson,"the more you compliment your husband the more he will be attracted to you."
Verbally compliment your husband once a day.

INTELLECTUALLY
Men are fixers. Appeal to his intelligence. Ask him to help you fix a problem. "Honey, can you figure out a storage system for your tools in the garage?" Translation "Your tools are all over the place, clean it up."
Show them the facts, not your feelings!

PHYSICALLY
Ask you husband what his top three needs are.Do it! When his needs are met, he will become more content. If you roll your eyes or mock his needs, you are wasting your time...he won't respond positively to your efforts.

One last bit of advice:
Don't do the shock treatment expecting him to change, you set yourself up for anger and disappointment. Put expectations on yourself like
I desire to be the best wife I can be
or
I desire to honor and show respect to God through respecting my husband.
As you change, he will change.

Use the V.I.P. shock treatment and let me know how it goes. I'll be reporting in too!

Visit Heartprints of H.O.P.E. online discount store for a great price on "Love & Respect" by Emerson Eggerich.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new blog. I will try very hard to glorify God by complimenting my husband. Thank you for this information.
Betty:)

Anonymous said...

I made Rickie french toast this morning for breakfast, he loved it!
What did you do special for your guy?