Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

What do you want to be when you grow up?
What dream sends a stirring up your spine just at the very thought of it?
What dream shattered so you walked away yet still look back at the pieces and.... dream?

I think dreams come together like puzzle pieces. Our experiences, relationships, success, failure and faith are all pieces to the puzzle. God has the box top. In His time it all comes together. It's important to be available and willing to do my part as God directs.

Last year I asked myself, "What am I doing to prepare for success?"

mmm....well....mmmm...huh.

My dream is being a writer. Okay, I write, create and have a few articles published. Those are all pieces of the puzzle.

Hitting financial road blocks, taking detours of my time and sinking in depression potholes make me feel like I'm not getting anywhere. But they are just pieces of the puzzle. Remember, God has the box top.

Last year God opened the door for me to attend a local Christian Writer's Conference . When I think about being a writer I get that stirring inside I asked YOU about. Through the whole conference I thought I was dreaming. It really felt like I was taking a step towards success.

Think about your dream as I close with comments from author Jim Watkins.

  1. Dream is received: develope a mission statement, write it down and set goals.
  2. Dream is refined: God doesn't take dreams away, He refines them. It's a process.
  3. Dream is resized: Our dreams are too small! Broken dreams are either fertilizer for something better or God gives it germination...we win either way.
  4. Dream is revealed: One note from someone may not seem like much. But to every one note multiply it by 1000 and that is the impact you really make. God doesn't always allow us to see how we impact others.

Ask God for a dream that won't work unless He is in it.

You have a dream purposed just for you by a very creative God. Dream Big!

BELIEVE & RECEIVE...

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good

and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)


LOOK TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT....click your answer to the 'dream question'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's just me seeing how this blog stuff works...