Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

SEE

    " I've told my kids for years that God doesn't make mistakes," writes Mary Beth Chapman, wife of Grammy award winning recording artist Steven Curtis Chapman. In a 2008 accident at their family home, the Chapmans lost a precious child and Mary Beth wrestled with God in a big way. 


     I didn't realize how much she struggled with hopelessness and depression until she spoke out on a recent tour - Night with the Chapmans. I guess somehow it's easy to think such a successful and strong-faithed family wouldn't bleed like normal people do. But they are human too. No amount of money eases a hurting heart. She said their prayer from the beginning was asking God that they SEE what He wanted to do in these unthinkable circumstances.
   As I listened, I remembered a time when my son was taken away by an arresting officer. My unthinkable circumstance. 
    Almost instantly I choose HOPE rather than fear. Hope is expecting something good in the bad. Fear is just expecting something bad. Fear would have blinded me to what God wanted to do.
    HOPE allowed me to SEE the heart of God and KNOW He had purpose in the pain. 
    Choose HOPE. Choose to SEE. Choose to Know.
Click here to view an interview with Mary Beth Chapman as she talks about her new book - Choosing to SEE : A Journey of Struggle and Hope








   




No comments: